Monday 12 October 2015

Xmas gift box

Hi everyone, here is one of the projects I have been working on today.  My son asked me to make three Christmas cards for him.  He is a care worker and he wants to send some cards to some of his residents.  This is the first one I have done.  I would be grateful to receive any comments you have.

Recipe:

Red cardstock from crafty stash
Green cardstock from crafty stash
White cardstock from crafty stash
White paper from crafty stash
Backing card from DCWV
Backing papers, topper and embellishments from Debbi Moore Santa Clause CD
Black satin ribbon
Tonic circle and fancy rectangle dies

Front view of project


Inside view of project
 
Top view of project
 
 
To create this project I cut a piece of red card measuring 9 and 3/4" x 5 and 1/2".  I then scored this at 4 and 3/8" and 5 and 3/8".  this makes the book shape.

I added a piece of black ribbon to the front and back before adding some of the backing papers which I had matt and layered onto green card both outside and inside.

Next I cut 2 pieces of white paper measuring 4" x 9" and 2 measuring 5" x 9".  I then scored all four pieces at 1/2" intervals along the long sides.

Next I concertina folded these four pieces and burnished using a bone folder to get a good crease.  The next step is a bit tricky, you need to connect one long and one short piece to create a right-angle by slotting the two pieces together and gluing to secure.  You then do this to the next two pieces and then join the four together to make the frame.  This then looks like a book from the sides.  (See last picture above.)  I hope this makes sense.

I then glued the frame to the inside of the card and die cut a frame to fit over the edges to give a neat finish.  You can then place whatever you like in the centre of this frame (ie scented candles, gingerbread men etc).  I have left it empty as my son's residents are all 80 plus so I thought he might like to add something appropriate for them.

I decorated the front using various toppers and embellishments.

The ribbon ties at the side to close.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I very much appreciate you visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every one and would love it if you became a follower of my blog.
Wendy xx