Monday 2 November 2015

Advent Calendar

Good morning everyone, here is an advent calendar I have been working on for several weeks. My grandchildren are really too old for this now, but they still love counting down to Christmas, so I hope they like this one.

Recipe:

White cardstock from crafty stash
Backing card from DVWV
Hougie Board
Backing papers from Kanban
Wet Glue
Tattered Lace number and square dies
Different coloured corrugated card

I got the inspiration to create this calendar from Quick Cards made easy magazine.

Box Base: You need to cut white card measuring 11cm x 11cm, then score all four sides at 3cm.  Cut a notch in each of the corners where the score lines are to form your box base.  Glue each tab and leave to dry.

Box Lid: You need to cut white card measuring 8.5cm 8.5cm, then score all four sides at 1.5cm, cut notches as with the base and glue together to form the lid, leave to dry.

Take a strong piece of white card measuring 12in x 12in, then a strong piece of patterned card measuring 11.5in x 11.5in.  This forms the base to hold the boxes.

Cut 25 small squares to fit the lids of the boxes leaving a small border around the edge in patterned paper or card and stick to the tops of the box lids.

I die cut the numbers from some pretty coloured corrugated card which I have had for a long time and stuck them randomly onto the lids.

Finally, I stuck all my boxes onto the base and glued with wet glue.

My advent calendar is now ready for some really nice chocs to go in.

Thanks for visiting my blog today and I hope you like my advent calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I very much appreciate you visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every one and would love it if you became a follower of my blog.
Wendy xx